STAR SWIMMING ACADEMY
A Multi Award Winning Learn To Swim School
Parent and Baby Swimming Sessions Fazakerley, Liverpool
Are you looking for Baby Swim Sessions near you for your child?
Look no further!
Diddy Dolphins by the Star Swimming Academy hold parent and baby swimming sessions on a Monday and Thursday every week at our exclusive use pool in Fazakerley in Liverpool, Merseyside.
Benefits of Baby Swimming Session
- Swimming is one of the best loved family activities. It is the largest participation sport in the UK and many children say it is their favourite family pastime. So, one of the benefits of baby swimming is that it starts building water confidence early.*
- Swimming helps to improve coordination and balance. Because much of your baby’s body is supported by water, the main focus for them is on maintaining balance. On the whole, babies who swim have a much better balance out of the pool.*
- Swimming helps to build muscles. Working and strengthening all of their muscles effectively helps to make them stronger.*
- Swimming provides quality bonding time. We always have less time that we would like with our kids; it is an unfortunate effect of being so busy. Time in the pool is one of the few times when your child has your undivided attention for the duration, so make the most of it.*
- Swimming strengthens your baby on the inside. While swimming will help to develop their muscles and joints, it also improves the strength of their heart and lungs; and helps to develop their brain.*
- Swimming can improve their sleeping pattern. While it is not going to make them sleep through the night every night, the extra exercise will help to make your baby sleepier.*
- Swimming can improve a baby’s appetite. Lots of gentle exercise and warm water helps to make a baby hungry, so make sure you have some sort of snack or milk for after they finish.*
- Swimming builds water confidence. Many parents pass on an uneasiness of water to their children because they themselves are not confident swimmers. Going in the water with your baby will not only make them more assured about being in and around water, it can build your confidence too!*
When Can My Baby Start Swimming Lesson?
Here at the Star Swimming Academy, babies are welcome to start swimming lessons from 12 weeks to 3 years of age. NHS England advises parents can take their baby swimming any time before and after their immunisations.
How Warm Is the Water in The Pool?
It’s important that the water is warm enough (above 30⁰C for a baby older than 12 weeks or heavier than 12 lbs, and above 32⁰C if they’re younger or smaller). The water in the pool at Seascope Maritime Training is kept at a constant 34⁰C so is ideal for all babies.
How Many Babies are in Our Group Sessions?
We have no more than 10 babies in a class. This allows the teachers time to get to know all the parents and gain the trust of the little ones.
Seascope Maritime Training Pool
Clock Tower Park
New Hall Campus
This pool location is ideal for swimming lessons for individuals living in the Fazakerley, Norris Green, Croxteth, Kirkby, West Derby, Walton, Anfield, Tuebrook, Aintree, Old Roan and Melling, areas of Liverpool.
All Parent and Baby Learn to Swim sessions are 30 minutes long and are held on the following days:
Mon: 10:00am – 10:30am
Mon: 10:30am – 11:00am
Mon: 11:00am – 11:30am
Mon: 11:30am – 12:00pm
Thurs: 10:00am – 10:30am
Thurs: 10:30am – 11:00am
Thurs: 11:00am – 11:30am
Thurs: 11:30am – 12:00pm
Each lesson costs £15.00 and are booked in blocks of between 5 and 7 lessons depending on the term.
When booking lessons payment for each term is required in advance of starting your child’s lessons.
An invoice will be sent prior to the end of each term to re-enrol for the following term.
If you would like to book on to one of our Parent and Baby Swimming courses or need more information please contact Lynda Hunter on:
Mobile: 0775 905 7524
Or visit: www. diddy-dolphins.co.uk