STAR SWIMMING ACADEMY
A Multi Award Winning Learn To Swim School
Our Child Protection Policy
Star Swimming Academy recognises and accepts its responsibility to safeguard the health and welfare of children under its care by protecting them from physical, sexual or emotional harm; and from neglect or bullying.
It is essential that children and young people participating in our swimming lessons and other pool activities are able to do so in a safe and secure environment.
Star Swimming Academy is totally committed to raising awareness of child protection in swimming; and takes every possible measure to ensure that swimming is a safe and secure experience for children.
All Star Swimming Academy officials are therefore required to undertake enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks through its disclosure service.
This service enables organisations in the public, private and voluntary sectors to make safer recruitment decisions by identifying candidates who may be unsuitable for certain work, especially that involving children or vulnerable adults.
The Star Swimming Academy recognises that all those directly involved in the Academy and its activities have a responsibility to:
- Provide a safe environment for children and young people to enjoy swimming lessons and water based activites whilst in the care of officials and instructors of the Star Swimming Academy.
- Take the interests of its members into account in all its activities.
- Promote the health and welfare of its members through a relationship of mutual trust.
- Take all practical steps to protect its members from physical, sexual or emotional harm by:
- Recognising abuse.
- Treating all suspicions and allegations of abuse seriously.
- Responding in an appropriate way to children who disclose they are being abused.
- Providing a structure to deal sympathetically with abuse.
The Star Swimming Academy therefore requires and encourages all instructors and officials to attend suitable training (such as that given by Sports Coach UK) so that they are able to:
- Understand what child abuse means.
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of each category of child abuse.
- Identify the foundations of good practice in child protection.
- Review their own practices to ensure that it complies with recognised codes of conduct.
- Ensure that their own behaviour and conduct is always beyond reproach to prevent exposure to false allegation.
- Take appropriate action if concerns are raised which suggest a child is abused.
- Deal sensitively and effectively with the issue should it arise.
- Identify appropriate action if abuse is suspected.
- Take any swimmers’ or parents’ concerns seriously and deal with them confidentially.
- Recognise the roles and responsibilities of other agencies/organisations.
If you would like to raise a matter with us regarding our child protection policy or any other issues regarding the well being a child under our supervision, please contact by email Tracy Riley who is the Child Protection Officer for the Star Swimming Academy.
More About Us
You’ve have already read this, but here’s a link back to our main ‘About Us’ page where you will find information about the Star Swimming Academy and its foundations.
Have you got a question and need an answer? Then head over to the Academy’s FAQ page. Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions about our learn to swim sessions.
Over the years the Star Swimming Academy has supported many good causes in and out of the pool. Here you will find about some of the causes close to our hearts!
We are proud and honoured to be working in a successfull partnership with the following organisations, where our fun based swimming lessons and classes are provided.
Do You Want To Work With Us?
Are you a School, College, University or Leisure Centre that has a swimming pool? Would you like to earn extra income? The Star Swimming Academy has a successful business model which ensures that we will help you bring in extra income from your swimming pool. If you would like to work with us to maximise your revenue and to help with your pool operational costs, get in touch with us now via our on-line form here.